What is required in a letter of application?
- sentence of introduction to the l.o.a.
- „The letter“
- asking for feedback
First name and last name and address, usually with phone-number and emailadress:
Phone: 0123 / 4567890
Second: The recipient
Phone: 0987 / 654321
Tell the date, using the English writing: 4th June 2017 or June 13, 2017
Write: „Application for the job as …“ (whatever is offered)
Be kind and write:
- Dear Mr Tyler / Mrs Tyler / Ms Tyler
- Dear Sir or Madam (if you don’t know the name)
5. Sentence of introduction
Tell them why you write that letter. For example:
- I am interested in working for your company as …
- I read your advertisement and would like to apply for …
- I would like to apply for the job as …
- I am writing to apply for the job as …
6. The letter
- Introduce yourself:
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Which school do you visit?
- When are you going to leave school?
- Tell them why you would like to do the job:
- Do you want to work with people from other countries?
- Do you want to join a company from a different country?
- Do you want to improve your English?
- Tell them about your qualifications and experiences:
- „I have been working as a football coach“
- „I can work under pressure“
- „I can speak English and German“
- „I have been learning English for X years.“
- „I have had experiences working at …“
7. Asking for feedback
You would like to hear from them, don’t you? So write:
- I look forward to hearing from you.
- I hope to hear from you soon.
- Please let me know soon.
- I am open for an interview at any time.
Say „Goodbye“ the formal and polite way:
Sign it – that’s it.